Monday, March 10, 2008

Constantia Nek!

Monday 08/03/2008

Did Constantia Nek Saturday with Petrus. It was decievingly bad! Ran down Constantia Nek to the top of Chapmans Peak and enjoyed the view and was told this is where the TO picture was taken. Ran back and headed up Constania Nek. What started out as a gradual climb suddenly increased. The climb is neverending. Each time I got around the bend and thought it was over there was another stretch ahead. Walked about 3-4 times and was cross when I did see the top of Constantia Nek I refused to walk any further!

"When you conquer Suikerbossie, you can't help but smile. It's everything people said it would be" Ga ... don't think I'll say that about Constantia Nek. I need therapy :-( I'm sick and even more worried now!

Tuesday 11/03/2008

I'm sick and tired of all this training and can't wait for it to be over! Don't wanna do comrades!

Wednesday 12/03/2008

Saw this this morning :-) 14 April - SA Senior Track & Field Championships - Coetzenburg Athletics Stadium, Stellenbosch

Reading up about my stomach ache.

Thursday 13/03/2008

2 bananas + 1 banana in custard restored the sustanance I've being lacking. I must have being anemic?

Friday 14/03/2008

Dunno what's wrong with me as I stay hungry. Again had my usual plate of food plus custard and banana for dessert?

Check out Smurf's pacing chart! [quote="Smurf"] We each must decide what pace we want to run and then go for it. No-one else can run the race for us.[/quote] Can't agree more :shock:

Using myself as an example ....

Old mutual's program required a 4:07 marathon for a sub 6 (5:50).

The new race calculator predicted a 6:00:07 with my 4:15 PB giving me all sorts of ideas :idea: :oops: :wink:

In comparison for a sub 6, at 42.2km :
Old mutual program requires a 4:14 (5:57)
Race calculator requires a 4:17
Smurfs pace chart requires a 4:17
Friend's 2 slowest bronze medals 4:16 (5:42), 4:19 (5:54)

In a perfect world : 42.2km 4:15 (6.04min/km) ... 32mins up Chapmans Peak (8min/km) ... 70mins remaining 10kms (7min/km) = 5:57 finish

Looks good on paper but factors outside our control come into play on the day especially for a novice ultra runner with a fade history after 32km, etc!

No comments:

Athalia kills her son lest you discover your purpose instead of support SAPS Police minister Cele's stance to join criminal renegade with "shoot to kill" tactics!