Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic fever is over!

Monday 25/08/2008

Nhlapo to carry flag at closing ceremony
BMX rider and Olympic finalist Sifiso Nhlapo will lead Team South Africa into the Beijing's Bird's Nest stadium for the closing Ceremony of the 29th Olympiad. Read More

Ramaala fails in marathon bid
South Africa's Hendrick Ramaala on Sunday finished the Olympic marathon in 44th place behind Samuel Wanjiru, who won Kenya's first Olympic gold medal in a time of 2 hours 6 minutes 32 seconds. Read More










Jamaica rules in world record 4 x 100m Relay
Wanjiru of Kenya wins Men's Marathon gold










Bekele achieves gold double by winning Men's 5000m
Richards leads US to Women's 4 x 400m Relay win

Wednesday 27/08/2008

Brrrrrrr!!!! It's freezing cold!

Thursday 28/08/2008












Friday 29/08/2008

Today it's only 30% rain but things is already looking very sombre for tommorow's 2 race's with a 80% rain prediction!

Grand Prix race wide open

The SPAR Women's 10km Challenge at the LC de Villiers Stadium in Pretoria on Saturday afternoon could have an interesting impact at the top of the SPAR Grand Prix leaderboard, which has changed three times this year.

The Challenge coincides with the South African 10km national championships in Stellenbosch, which means several runners at the top of the leaderboard will miss the race and the opportunity to add points. The winner of the Grand Prix will walk away with R50 000 and there are cash prizes for the top 20 on the leaderboard.

3 comments:

Jim Kerr said...

Great Blog Gemini I can tell you love to run, keep it up.
Jim
http://www.runninginthesprings.com/

Velouria said...

Glad you get as depressed about the weather as I do.

Cool blog.

Velouria (A cyclist who actually greets the runners)

The Running Golfer said...

Hi Gemini

I love your blog! Thx so much for popping into mine and opening up the world of running in the Cape when I came to yours!

It`s been a tough week or so. Got the flu and it nailed me bad, so I haven`t been able to run at all. I feel unfit already!

I struggled badly on the PPC Berg Half with ITB. It was really unpleasant and seems to have diminished my love for running. Having said that I cannot wait to get back on the road! I`m sure the rest would have done me the world of good.

Great to have met you and I`m sure we`ll bump into each other very soon!

Francois

Athalia kills her son lest you discover your purpose instead of support SAPS Police minister Cele's stance to join criminal renegade with "shoot to kill" tactics!